By Roy Denish.
Harry and Meghan UK return plans will bring the Sussex family back to Britain this month, with Archie and Lilibet starting school.
LONDON — The Harry and Meghan UK return is expected later this month, bringing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex back to Britain six years after they moved to the United States. The planned relocation has now been reported by The Guardian, The Telegraph and Reuters.
Prince Harry and Meghan are expected to relocate with Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, to a private, non-royal residence outside London. Their children are enrolled to begin school in Britain in September, according to reports.
King Charles was informed of the move on Sunday after the family reunited at Highgrove in Gloucestershire last month. The King is said to welcome more time with Harry, Meghan and his grandchildren in a personal capacity. However, the Sussexes will remain private individuals and non-working members of the royal family.
The Prince and Princess of Wales have also been informed. Harry and Meghan are expected to retain their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal.
Security remains a major issue surrounding the Harry and Meghan UK return. Harry previously said safety concerns prevented him from bringing Meghan and their children to Britain. In May 2025, he lost a Court of Appeal challenge over the level of police protection provided during UK visits.
The move also follows Harry’s July 2026 defeat in a privacy case against Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail. The High Court dismissed the claims brought by Harry and six other prominent figures.
Meanwhile, Archewell Productions continues its partnership with Netflix under a multi-year first-look agreement announced in August 2025. The couple’s move back to Britain does not signal any return to official royal duties.
